Community Engagement Committee Co-Chairs for AY20-21
Shobha Vasudevan, Ph.D.
Strategic Planning Goals for Academic Years 2017-2021:
Onboarding for new JCSW members:
- Create a brief ‘Welcome to the JCSW’ packet to give to new members with information about the subcommittees and priority areas (perhaps a copy of this Strategic Plan!)
- Assign new members a “buddy” who will meet them at their first JCSW meeting, introduce them to others, and generally help them feel comfortable
- Give new members contact information for the co-chairs of the new subcommittee they have joined
- Give subcommittee chairs the names of all potential new subcommittee members so chairs can reach out ahead of meetings to welcome new members
Appoint JCSW ambassadors for each institution who will:
- Maintain connections with their institute’s professional development office and keep that office informed about JCSW programs and workshops
- Be the point person at that affiliate for any potential new JCSW members
- Targeted membership to: post-docs, women of color, staff and institutions that are not strongly represented in JCSW – work with different affinity groups in these areas, as well as the appropriate deans.
- Create a member directory that includes information about hospital affiliation and identifies if the member is a JCSW ambassador and/or past leader
- Ensure that our programs and achievements are broadcast more widely
- Emphasize that the JCSW is an inclusive space
- Connect with the hospitals and member institutions – what would you ask of the JCSW to address? How can we work together? How do we turn our de-centralization into strength?
- Enhance the JCSW website to ensure that information is up-to-date and accurate, and that meeting dates and times are easily accessible. The member directory and list of JCSW Ambassadors should also be made accessible on the website.
- Generate document detailing “best practices” for producing diverse programs / policies
Contact the Community Engagement Committee: